I have a wonderful group of students who excel musically both in and out of lessons. I’m very proud of them! Here is a list of their accomplishments, with the most recent listed first:
- Quinn, a sophomore horn player, received an Excellent rating at the 2012 Solo and Ensemble Competition. Jasmine, a 7th grade trumpet player, received a Superior! Way to go!
- Jacob, currently a 6th grade trombonist at Smith Language Academy, auditioned to be in his school jazz band next year. He made it! Great work, Jacob!
- A HUGE congratulations goes to my euphonium student Paul, who auditioned for and was admitted to the music programs at UNC-Greensboro, the University of South Carolina, and Florida State University! This fall he’ll be heading to Florida State! Quite an accomplishment!
Paul has also been selected as a member of the Carolina Crown horn line for this summer!
- This year (2012), nine of my students auditioned for the (NC) South Central All-District Honors Band. I’m very proud of all the hard work each student put into this challenge. Four of my students were selected to be in the band: Jasmine, a 7th grader, is 1st chair trumpet in the Middle School band. Bennett and Addison, both 7th graders, are also in the trumpet section of the Middle School band. Paul, a senior in high school, made 2nd chair euphonium in the Senior High School band. Congratulations to all of the students who will participate in the 2012 All-District Band!
- Quinn, a horn student and rising sophomore, was selected to be one of the drum majors for his high school marching band for the upcoming 2011-2012 school year. A born leader!
- Aris, a trombone student and rising high school freshman, attended the UNCG summer music camp this summer. She had a great time, worked hard, and learned a lot!
- Jasmine, a trumpet student and rising 7th grader, attended two weeks of music camp at the Community School of the Arts here in Charlotte, where she studied traditional band music as well as jazz.
- Paul, a euphonium student and rising high school senior, had the honor of being accepted to and attending the North Carolina Governor’s School East for music this summer. This two-month long program is very prestigious and intense. Great job!
- Jasmine, a trumpet student and current 6th grader, received a Superior rating at the Solo and Ensemble competition held by the South Central Bandmasters Association. She performed a solo version of “Swingin’ on a Star.”
- Paul, a euphonium student and high school junior, made the alternate list for the South Central NC All-District Band. The very best high school musicians in the district audition for a limited number of spots; placing high enough to even be an alternate is a big deal!